Effective: July 14, 2018
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled pursuant to this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
- What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
If you choose to provide any information on Stonemill Matcha’s social media platforms, including Instgram, Facebook and Twitter, that information may be used by us according to this Policy. Any information (other than your credit or debit card information) you provide to our vendors such as Resy and Square will also be conveyed to us and used in accordance with this Policy.
Information We Collect Automatically.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, if you give us permission. For example, from time to time we may use your information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To administer contests, sweepstakes and competitions that may be offered through the Site.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf provided that their use of your information on our behalf is only for the purpose which we are permitted to use it pursuant to this Policy.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Stonemill Matcha is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes and to assist us in advertising our Goods and Services on third party websites..
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects.
We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Third Party Analytics and Tracking.
5. Third-Party Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
6. Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the transmission of nonpublic personally identifiable financial and transaction information over the Internet. We also utilize additional security devices such as firewalls, security patches, and anti-virus programs, to protect nonpublic personally identifiable information. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
7. What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information
We may send periodic promotional or informational e-mails or newsletters to you if you signed up to receive them. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your inquiries you have made to us.
8. Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
9. Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
10. Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Sites, at stonemillmatcha.com/privacy-policy
11. California Privacy Notice
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), users of the Site and Services who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at Stonemill Matcha, ATTN: [Customer Service], 561 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110.